Nursery school furniture is one of many things in preschool that create an environment in which young children feel relaxed and stimulated to learn. Most of them are designed to encourage kids' independence in meeting their daily needs and facilitate play and learning activities. Getting the right furniture is of vital importance to kids' overall development. And, with so much to choose from, the process of buying them can be a bit daunting. Here are a few things to consider, helping you make an informed choice:
Sturdy and Well Built
Nursery furniture should be built to withstand rigorous use. Preschoolers are not necessarily hard on their furniture, but their glue, crayons, paint, glitter, markers, and even scissors can leave furniture pretty messy. Other than being durable, early years furniture should also be easy-to-clean.
It's important to encourage kids to maintain good postures as they grow to prevent any spinal issues later in life. With that said, early years furniture should be ergonomically designed with both back and arm support in mind.
Young children learn through touch and observation; therefore, equipment for nursery school should be eye-catching. Brightly coloured furniture can be visually stimulating and uplifting, which in turn keeps kids' minds active. The most recommended ones are primary colours. Ensure the entire learning environment is colour-coordinated so the kids' eyes don't get dizzy.
Most early learning furniture is made from the following materials:
- Plastic: There are three different types of plastic used to make this kind of furniture, including plastic resin, polypropylene, or polythene. These materials are durable, easy-to-clean, and lightweight, allowing them to withstand toddlers' busy learning environments.
- Steel: Few early years tables and chairs are made of steel, but they do feature steel legs. Steel legs provide long-lasting support and feature coatings for rust prevention, both of which make furniture durable.
- Hardwood: Wooden preschool furniture lasts for years and supports plenty of weight. Natural wood finishes are attractive and enhance the overall learning environment for young learners.
Classroom furniture early years should have no harmful features like rough surfaces or sharp edges, to encourage an active life at school without fear of getting hurt.
The above text is a general guide to buying nursery school furniture, but your decision will also come down to what furniture you are buying. Some of the most popular categories of early learning furniture include:
- Early years tables and chairs such as computer tables, activity tables, feeding and picnic tables, folding tables, and a wide range of kids' chairs designs.
- Storage solutions such as lockers, storage cubbies, shelves, and bookcases, all of which should be low in height to make them easily accessible to kids.
- Soft-play furniture
Are you looking for a reliable nursery school furniture supplier? Here at UK Educational Furniture, we supply a wide selection of quality nursery school furniture to cater to every classroom regardless of its design and size. Call us today for more information!